Sunday 8 June 2014

Paris: 2014

The sign before the Channel tunnel .. just in case you weren't sure where you were going
On the first night we had to go and see the Eiffel tower and it was looking pretty beautiful at sunset, so we decided to come back the next day so we could go up it in time to see the sunset from the top.
The Moulin Rouge was the first stop the next morning (after Sacré-Cœur, but  I forgot to take pictures whilst we were there, fail!)
I loved walking through Montmartre and seeing all the quirky little shops (although there were A LOT of sex shops too, city of lovers indeed)
We had to go to Notre Dame and check in at Quasimodo's house (we are cool kids). Notre Dame is such a beautiful building and each time I see it I am in awe at how much work must have gone into creating it. I feel like now I understand how this building could have inspired Victor Hugo to write his novel 'Notre Dame de Paris'.
Obligatory selfie
OOTD: Dress, sunglasses Primark / Plimsolls George @ Asda
Selfies by the Seine
I am always distracted bythe architecture in Paris, the buildings are so beautiful. I could literally walk around it all day just to look at them all. 
After a beautiful sunny day it would cloud over when I get my camera out to take this picture.
Eiffel tower selfie! (We really are not the selfie types, you can probably tell by our faces in all of these pictures!)
We did manage to get our sunset from the top of the Eiffel tower though and it was as beautiful as we'd hoped for. Whilst we sat and watch the sun go down we listened to a tour guide nearby who was telling the group that if you want to propose on the Eiffel tower, you can do it at scheduled times in the evening where they start the light show and turn on the Trocadéro fountains simultaneously. I'm not usually one for extravagant proposals, but that does sound pretty darn spectacular.
I experimented with my Fuji Instax camera to see what the sunset would look like and it turned out better than I had hoped, I quite like it.
Before we headed back to the station we walked by the Trocadéro and I couldn't resist a few last photos of the Eiffel tower in the light of dusk.
This was meant to have the Eiffel tower in the background but I forgot to turn the flash off, so here's yet another selfie.
Here's a few of the photos that my friend Lauren and I took when we went to Paris a couple of weeks ago. We decided to go after we'd finished our dissertations to celebrate our freedom. We just used our phones and my Fuji instax camera so the quality is a bit lacking, but I wanted to share them anyway because it was such an amazing trip. I adore Paris, everything from the Métro to the architecture, to the language and the food (and the wine!). Wandering the streets of one of my favourite cities with one of my favourite people was amazing and the perfect way to celebrate the end of our degree.

And for once I got to live up to my blog name and we ran away to Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment