Sunday 13 July 2014

In the Kitchen: Summer pudding

Yesterday I had a craving for something sweet but also something fresh and light so I decided to have a go at Eton Mess with a couple of extra touches. I thought I would share my culinary experiment on this little blog ..


You'll need:
  • Whipping cream (I used Emlea a low fat alternative to cream)
  • Meringue
  • A punnet of strawberries
  • White chocolate
  • Caster sugar
  • 6 ramekins or a dish to serve

The method:

With an electric whisk (or a very strong arm) whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Break up the meringue, chop half of the strawberries and some white chocolate and add them all to the cream and stir to coat them in the cream. Spoon the mixture in the ramekins.
Next make a strawberry compote by heating two tablespoons of caster sugar on the hob until the sugar melts, then add the rest of the strawberries. Simmer for approximately three minutes and then remove from the heat. I strained the compote to remove the big chunks of strawberry and then drizzled the sauce over the individual portions in the ramekins.
You can keep them in the fridge or enjoy straight away. 


They make a lovely summer treat with the perfect blend of sweet and light and you can mix up the ingredients you have to make them different every time, I think next time I might try dark chocolate and coconut. 



No comments:

Post a Comment